Tuesday, November 26, 2013

NaNoWriMo - The Day I Lost My Sanity and All I Can Think About is Food

Hey guys!

I haven't really been great at uploading my blogs, aren't I? I'm still in school, which means writing sometimes have to take a backseat in life. It makes me sad, but I have to put up with my priorities.

Translation: I failed at NaNoWriMo.

There. I said/typed it.

I didn't reach the word count of the month. Heck, I barely got past the first week without wanting to shot myself. It was a very stressing time.  I was trying to keep up with homework, writing, and making sure I wasn't going crazy. I succeeded in only one endeavor. At least half of it. I mean, I'm going into writing, I'm not going to use math as much right? I hope I didn't just jinxed myself.

Anyway, throughout the whole month, all I could think about was food. FOOD. I was dying this month because I didn't get as much candy into my tummy, which meant I had a tummy ache when I did eat candy. (Don't laugh at me using the word tummy-I like the word. It sounds nicer than stomach.) While I typed/write, I felt like my sanity was slowing draining out of me and into my novel. That was not good.

Though I did learn important lessons during the month, which include-but is not limited to:

  1. Homework should be done right away. Don't put it off-it'll make concentrating on other stuff harder.
  2. Always work in a quiet environment. Or get earplugs. 
  3. Checking instagram and drooling over clothes will NOT help in writing a novel. Unless it involves fashion, models, clothing companies, etc. it will NOT help at all. 
  4. Distractions are everywhere. Carry a hammer to break things that make you want to cry and rip out your hair that distract you from writing. Not your laptop though. That will take a while to replace. Not the Internet either. Other people use it. 


Those are only just a few lessons that I learned throughout November. Maybe next year I'll do better. Who knows!

That's all folks!

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment