Monday, November 30, 2015

NaNoWriMo 2015//Day 22-30

Oh hello!

I have been frantically trying to catch up on the word count each day. Since today's November 30th that means that it's officially the last leg of the journey. By 12 o'clock at midnight of your region, NaNoWriMo is officially done. It's really early in California (about 5:56p.m. as I type this!), and I usually don't update this early unless I have some content ready before the date. But I have a very important announcement.

I won NaNoWriMo! 

After trying multiple times in my short life, I've finally gotten to 50,000 words. I even exceed it by 88 words! No words can explain how proud I am in achieving this goal. I never really expected to get to this point. There's still so much I can write for the project I'm working on, and I've decided to keep going with it in December. I'm going to write as much as I can each day until the story is told. Maybe I'll participate in the revision months, but for right now, I have college finals to focus on.

While I was missing the last eight days, I did end up getting my donation package from the NaNoWriMo team. I had donated twenty-five dollars on Double Up Day! which meant that I got the fifty dollar donation pack. The fifty dollar donation package includes:

A NaNoWriMo infinity bracelet
The NaNoWriMo "Stories Matter" Sticker
"The NaNoWriMo Library" Bookmark
A donor halo for your profile
25% and free U.S. ground shipping from Chronicle Books
A listing on the NaNoWriMo Brought to You page


I opted out of the listing on the Brought to You page as I was more interested in getting the bracelet. If anyone wants to donate to NaNoWriMo and help fuel young authors' dreams and keep adults caffeinated for the entiretly of November, here's the link to do that.

Not only did I manage to donate, I also participated in the NaNoWriMo CD Swap for 2015. I got two really interesting playlists that are so different from each other, but fit me perfectly. I feel a tad bit bad though as the playlists are longer than mine since I wasn't sure how many songs I should put on the CD. If I participate next year, I'm definitely going to add a lot more songs.

And that is the how I ended up writing this post. After struggling for a few years (despite what my profile says, I had to create an new account because I'm stupid and didn't know my password), I finally accomplished what seemed like the impossible.

How did your NaNoWriMo go? Are you done with your novel? Or are you still writing?

That's it for today!

No comments:

Post a Comment