Saturday, November 7, 2015

NaNoWriMo 2015//Day 7

Oh hello!

I passed today's 11,667 word count with 11,716 words. I may write a bit more since it is Double-Up Donation day. I still have about two more hours until midnight. I did donate $25 today which means that I'll be getting the $50 donation bundle. I can't wait until I get that in the mail.

My writing is going pretty well. The plot seems to have left me and my characters are developing on their own. They're really diverging from the path that I thought my novel was going to. It's kind of sad as I liked where I was going the first time. I think once I edit everything I'll have some hybrid novel where I'll need to find what I should keep for the novel I'm working on this year and maybe another one that I'll write in December. I am a very busy bee, aren't I?

I found that rewarding myself goes a long way to getting to the word count. I went to my local comic book store and told myself that once I get to the word count, I'll read the new issue of Paper Girl. I made a Style It post if you don't know and don't follow fashion-lifestyle blog. I think rewarding yourself is a good way to try to get the word count.

For daily word count, I try to give myself a piece of candy or something similar. Weekly rewards would be ZNation spam as I already do it every week, why not make it harder to do? I also reward myself with new comic books. I'm not sure what to do for the end of the month reward, but I'm thinking of watching a new series or reading a new book series.

How do you reward yourself during NaNoWriMo?

That's it for today! Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment