Sunday, November 8, 2015

NaNoWriMo 2015//Day 8

Oh hello!

The word count of the day was 13,333 and I was able to pass it with 13,640 words and counting. I think I'm on a role today, but I still have a lot of college work to do. Oh the life of a student. I decided to extend a scene I started yesterday as I felt like it needed to be expanded upon. The scene has become a very long piece and not what I expected to happen.

I'm not even sure what's going on in my novel anymore. My characters have taken the reigns and I have no idea where we're going. I'm hoping it's not as dark as I'm thinking it's going to end up. I swear that I knew where I was going with my piece, but now I'm not very sure. My main character still doesn't have a name. Whenever she needs to introduce herself, I just put a blank space or dashed lines. Until my character decides to name herself, I'm going to go along with her decisions.

Something that I notice when I write is that I tend to try to listen to one song the entire time I write. The repetition helps me focus on my work since I get tired of listening to it after a while. If I change songs, I'll end up singing along and lose my train of thought. The song I've been listening today is "Broken Home" by 5 Seconds Of Summer. I wasn't expecting to like anything from them, but I do like that song off their new album Sound Good Feels Good. I also like "The Girl Who Cried Wolf." I'm usually a fan of theirs, but those are good songs in my opinion.

Do you listen to music when you write? What do you listen to if you do? Leave a comment down below! I'd love to hear from you!

That's it for today! Thanks for reading!  

No comments:

Post a Comment